Julie Uhernik a Licensed Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor and Registered Nurse with many years of experience in the mental health and healthcare fields. Julie is certified as a PREPARE/ENRICH marriage counselor. She has level one certification and training through the Gottman Institute for marriage and family therapy.
As a nurse, she has worked in various clinical and health areas including working with couples dealing with infertility, adolescent chemical dependency, women and midlife transitions and coping with chronic illness.
Julie is a disaster mental health responder for the American Red Cross and a consultant in emergency preparedness for mental health professionals.
Julie is a warm, engaging counselor who takes a whole person perspective to help encourage, support and assist her clients on their journey to healing.
When you are ready to take a step toward wellness, Julie can help!
Julie is a member of numerous professional organizations including the American Counseling Association.
Julie enjoys nature, hiking and beautiful Colorado with family and friends.
- Years in Practice: 15+ Years
- North Dakota State University ADN, BA
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls MS
- Year Graduated: 1984
- Licensed Professional Counselor #4714
- Colorado Registered Nurse #110129
- ANCC Certified Community Health Nurse
- National Board Certified Counselor #27021
- Holistic Baccalaureate Nurse- Board Certified- HBN-BC
Counseling Service Area:
- Castle Rock
- Highlands Ranch
- Surrounding Douglas County
- South Denver Metro
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)